Charge into 2016 empowered by destiny
A new year has just begun, and I am already excited for what’s ahead.
I believe there is a perfect time for you—for your destiny to be unravelled and for your heart’s desires to come to pass. Whatever stage of life you find yourself in, remember that God’s timing is always perfect.
In the Word of God, we see this described as God’s kairos time: the opportune and decisive time in which His plans for you will come to pass.
Jesus Christ’s arrival on earth followed in line with a foreseen kairos moment, fulfilling the prophecy that was given to Daniel hundreds of years prior (see Daniel 2:44). It was only “when the fullness of the time had come” that “God sent forth His Son” to redeem the world (Gal. 4:4-5).
The first words of Jesus recorded in Mark’s Gospel show that He was mindful of His heaven-sent mission:
‘The time [kairos] is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.’” – Mark 1:15
HOW TO HASTEN HIS KAIROS TIME FOR YOU
Here are five ways you can align yourself with the divine purpose for your life and quicken the kairos timing of your prophetic destiny:
1. PRAYER CAN SHIFT THE TIMING
You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.” – 2 Peter 3:11-12
2. REACH OUT TO THE LOST
Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside, redeeming the time.” – Col. 4:5
3. BE FAITHFUL
Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil.” – Eph. 5:15-16
4. WALK IN HUMILITY
Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time.” – 1 Pet. 5:6
5. MOVE IN FAITH AND PATIENCE
…that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.” – Heb. 6:12
A WEEKEND MARKED BY LEGACY
Next weekend I will have the joy of taking part in three major events for both my family and our HRock Church family, gathering in celebration of our history and in pursuit of our destiny:
- This Saturday, Jan. 16, HRock Church will be the venue for my Birthday Benefit Gala, in celebration of my 60th birthday! (You can still sign up by clicking the link here!)
- Then Sunday morning, Jan. 17, on my actual birthday I will have the great honor to celebrate my son—as Sue and I will officially pass on the baton of Senior Pastorate of HRock Church to Pastors Gabriel and Monica Ahn!
- Later that day we’ll jump right into our Prophetic Destiny Conference (Jan. 17-18). Joining us for this free, two-day conference will be my good friends Shawn Bolz, James Goll, Brian Simmons and others.